Total Pageviews

Dear Reader,

This blog came to life out of my frustration for a love I gained and lost. It reflects the things I have gone through so far. The emotions I felt are also expressed in words here, be it good or bad. It also aims to give sense to all the things that has transpired in my life for the past few months.

I hope no one will be offended by some of the situations I describe in my post. In line with this, I do not aim to character assassinate anyone I describe on any of my post. I simply try my best to present what I see and feel.

Enjoy reading.

Sincerely,

Mart

We are all victims

Today, I exchanged tweets with my ex-girlfriend’s best friend, who did curse me last June 9. Her message then was quite a distraction, since she called me names and cursed me. My conversation with her today in Twitter was refreshing, because she was calm in explaining herself. I guess her initial message conveyed her emotion. She was very straight-forward during our verbal exchange, which I really appreciated.

There was one thing she said in the middle of our conversation that really struck me. She said we are all victims. We all are victims of our actions and decisions. When my ex-girlfriend decided to lie to me, she did not consider how I would feel and how my family and friends would feel. When I learned about her lies and decided to react, I never saw how it will affect her family and friends as well. We were both blinded by our indecision and selfishness that love did not have enough space to grow well between us. We restricted our own understanding of what love is.

I also recall what her friend told me over twitter. What’s done is done. She hit the nail hard on the head again when she said this. She marked the exclamation to what I had with her friend. It is the end of the line. If only anger doesn’t consume us during times when we are in pain and suffering, then maybe the world will be a better place to live in. Remember whatever good or bad things we do in life has a way of catching up with us.

We can decide to laugh the lies off, but we can also do otherwise. We can choose life to put us down, but can also choose to fight back. Thus, we choose to be victims.

DECIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment