Total Pageviews

Dear Reader,

This blog came to life out of my frustration for a love I gained and lost. It reflects the things I have gone through so far. The emotions I felt are also expressed in words here, be it good or bad. It also aims to give sense to all the things that has transpired in my life for the past few months.

I hope no one will be offended by some of the situations I describe in my post. In line with this, I do not aim to character assassinate anyone I describe on any of my post. I simply try my best to present what I see and feel.

Enjoy reading.

Sincerely,

Mart

Simplicity and Faith

17 days of painstaking search has passed. I still love her, but I know I have lost her.


Earlier today, I was walking through the lawn inside our yard when I saw a blue dragon fly passing by. It made me smile. It brought about childhood memories that I cherished. Those were days when the cares of the world did not bother me. It was a care-free life. In a certain degree of sense, it is a worry free life.

Hakuna matata!

Looking back, during one of the gatherings I attended together with my high school friends, I can still remember telling them that it would be great to be stuck in those days when we were still kids. I told them that it would be fun since we did not have to bother about learning and going through the pains of falling in and out of love, of what failure entails, of the pains of heartbreak, the suffering of losing someone you love most and the works. As foolish as it sounds, I did wish for it. I made that wish when I lost my wife. Yes, I am saying that I was married before.

You must be wondering now how complicated my life must be. It is very complex. Mostly, I blame myself for the wrong choices that I have made in the past, which has led me to where I am today. But I guess most my blog viewers now that already. Although, something different hit my mind when I recall what I said. A new idea... or rather a refreshing idea hit my mind.

In one of the religious community sharing session that I had partaken in the past, I can clearly recall a lady who shared a thought about how we should live. She said we should live in a modest and simple way, so that we can give our excess to poor people. So they may also live. Refreshing isn’t it. Logical, but hard to swallow and digest. To be able to accept this reality entails simplicity amongst us. I had a hard time accepting it to be straight-forward. Our parents and the world, in a way, have taught us to dream. Often times, it dares us to create larger-than-life-kind-of-dreams. Like I did, then suddenly this thought.  Live Simple, So Others May Simply Live.

To accept this thought was like fitting an entire ocean into a bucket, but I was wrong to think this. If you believe in God or any other supreme being, we need to realize that there are still things that our human minds can’t fathom. To understand it means we need to be gods ourselves. But there is an answer to this problem- FAITH. When we can’t control the things that turn everything about, it is faith that keeps us balanced. Faith leaves us the opportunity to submit everything to that one Supreme Being. When faith leaves you nothing but the choice of to be or not to be, then it is the time when we blindly trudge on without doubt and reluctance. It is a chance to TRUST.

We can all express our faith in little ways. I expressed mine when I lost my wife to her lover a couple of years back. Had I not kept some faith in me, I would probably be a junkie by now or worse- dead. It was painful, but I had to let go. Now, I have experienced another heartbreak in the hands of another person I hold dear. Two different women I trusted, but turned their backs on me for their lovers. A pragmatic person would probably think that there maybe something wrong me. They may have a point, but that is due for another post. If I had no notion of what faith is even in the slightest way, I would probably be sulking in the pain I am feeling and drowning myself with alcohol due to my last falling out. So, we need to try to be faithful and simple to know life and love better.

Maybe we have been living our lives in a fashion that does not please our God? Maybe we have been asking for the wrong things? Maybe we need to be a little more faithful?

It is amazing how see faith in kids. For Christians, we can see in the Bible how God instructs us to be like kids in accepting the kingdom of God. For practical individuals if you observe kids, you will realize how children obey their parents even without knowing their intentions. This is the faith I am talking about.

Maybe I am not so mistaken asking to be a kid forever after all? Maybe I have been longing and dreaming of the wrong things? Maybe I lacked faith and simplicity?

Simplicity and Faith are the two things I contemplated on today. Maybe by being simple and faithful, I can finally meet up with that one true love my heart awaits.

WE ALL DECIDE.


3 comments:

  1. e kya k pla cguro iniiwan kase wla kang kwenta..ang panget mo pa kya mlamang iiwan k tlga.. ntangal cguro ung helmet ng exwife at gf mo..humnap k ng kasing panget mo panigurado dka na iiwan

    ReplyDelete
  2. “He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.”-Isaiah 53:2

    This is the only passage in the Bible that describes Jesus' physical form. If we are created in his likeness, then what does God truly mean by true beauty.

    Beauty, in God’s eyes, comes from within [1 Samuel 16:7b, 1 Peter 3:3-4]. This verse does explain what God looks at in us, which is our inner beauty.

    Maybe we are confused by saying we are good, because we are beautiful. When we haven't really examined what is within us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is much right in our freedom of speech, but always remember that there is an equal amount of responsibility that comes along with it. Our opinions matter, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it counts. If you have nothing good to say of other people, you might want to keep your opinion to yourself.

    ReplyDelete